Preston Scout House Band Inc. again receives generous support through Cambridge and North Dumfries Community Foundation
Preston Scout House Band Inc. has again received a donor designated grant from the Cambridge and North Dumfries Community Foundation (CNDCF), continuing an annual tradition that began about 15 years ago.
The 2020 designated grant from the William and Vera Fisher Family Fund is for $1,106.75. The grant is roughly the same amount each year, amounting to about $15,000 over the years.
The CNDCF builds and manages endowment funds to help build a stronger community. By working together and partnering with local organizations and caring citizens the CNDCF provides grants to worthy local causes. The goal is to support a wide range of initiatives, which sustain and improve the quality of life in Cambridge and North Dumfries.
CNDCF is part of Canada’s community foundation movement. The Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) has been connecting donors to community needs and opportunities since 1921.
CFC now represents more than 190 community foundations across the country, serving 82% of Canada’s population. Together the community foundations hold combined assets of more than $3.8 billion and return hundreds of millions of dollars back into communities annually.
Scout House will also receive a $3,000 grant from the city of Cambridge this year. The city’s grants review committee earlier this year recommended approving the annual grant request to city council, shortly before normal municipal routines were suspended because of COVID-19 shutdown regulations. The grant will be formally approved when council next meets in person.
All Scout House Band activities are currently suspended until activities involving more than five people are again allowed by the government of Ontario. Spring events that had been on the Scout House 2020 performance schedule have all been cancelled.
Preston Scout House Band, Inc. is a non-profit corporation with registered charity status able to issue tax receipts to donors, incorporated under the Corporations Act of the Province of Ontario on November 29, 1956.