What Is Preston Scout House Inc.
To provide learning, performance, management and other volunteer opportunities in a friendly, supportive, progressive environment so that Preston Scout House Inc. will continually improve as a marching arts organization.
Our 2018 Objectives
- to create opportunities for individuals to be involved in marching / musical arts and related activities suitable for all ages at modest annual costs.
- to perform music and marching arts routines that challenge members to improve techniques in order to provide a high entertainment level and help attract new members.
- to continue to recruit new, younger members.
- to support the expansion and improvement of all five Preston Scout House Band Inc. member groups: Scout House Cadets youth drum and bugle corps, Scout House Band, Magic of Scout House competitive winter guard, Silver Leaves Brass, Heritage Drill Team
- to strengthen ties with various sectors, including the drum and bugle corps community across North America; community groups as well as other music organizations, the general public, the City of Cambridge, businesses, service clubs, and those in the education sector in Waterloo Region.
Long range objectives – Beyond 2018
- to insure that Scout House Band thrives as a versatile, competent, highly regarded entertainment organization.
- to undertake recruiting initiatives to insure a steady inflow of new Scout House Band Inc. members.
- to participate actively in local affairs to help maintain the Scout House image as a community-minded organization.
- to stimulate interest in marching arts in the community and beyond.
- to develop and implement efficient management systems.
- to develop and implement a paid advertising program to support various Band objectives.
- to insure a steady income stream to support future operations.
Learn more about our history.