Who Is Preston Scout House
To provide learning, performance, management and other volunteer opportunities in a friendly, supportive, progressive environment so that Preston Scout House will continually improve as a highly entertaining drum and bugle corps.
Our 2016 Objectives
- to invite individuals to ‘Arrange the soundtrack of your life’ through marching arts and related activities suitable for all ages at modest annual costs.
- to perform music and marching routines that challenge members to improve techniques in order to provide a high entertainment level and help attract new members.
- to upgrade the process of designing, teaching and performing the Band’s field show using cutting edge computer design software.
- to continue to recruit new, younger members.
- to support the expansion and improvement of all five Preston Scout House Band Inc. members groups: Scout House Cadets youth drum and bugle corps, Scout House Band, Magic of Scout House competitive winter guard, Silver Leaves brass ensemble, Heritage Drill Team.
- to strengthen ties with various sectors, including the drum and bugle corps community across North America and such community groups as other music organizations, the general public, City of Cambridge, business, service clubs, and the education sector.
- to upgrade the Band’s website and coordinate print, broadcast and social media communications to publicize various activities with consistent timely messages.
Long range objectives: beyond 2016
- to insure that the Band thrives as a versatile, competent, highly regarded entertainment organization.
- to undertake recruiting and other policies to insure a steady inflow of new Scout House Band Inc. members.
- to participate actively in local affairs to help maintain the Scout House image as a community-minded organization.
- to stimulate interest in marching arts in the community and beyond.
- to develop and implement efficient management systems.
- to develop and implement a paid advertising program to support various Band objectives.
- to insure a steady income stream to support future operations.
- to maximize opportunities to perform at high-profile popular events locally and further afield.
Learn more about our history.